Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Busy

I love this picture.  Probably because the Instagram effect makes me appear less exhausted and more showered than I actually was...

While pregnant, I followed a couple blogs by pregnant moms who had their babies...and then stopped posting on their blogs!  I thought...come on!  I just want to see your baby!  And know how you're doing!  And get a tiny glimpse into motherhood...How long does it take to type up a quick post and add a picture anyway?!?

Ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha ha.  I sooooooo get it now.  If I'm not nursing my sweet darling, I'm trying to go to the bathroom or catch a few more minutes of sleep.  And blogging is just not at the top of the priority list.

But in case you're curious, I'll copy part of an email I wrote to an old friend regarding the birth of our baby girl...
Sweet little Emerson Grace was born at 5:47 am on Monday, March 5th. She was 7 lbs 13 oz and 20 inches long. We thought she'd be here on the 4th (her due date!) because I went into labor early Sunday morning...but little miss wanted to take 24 hours to get here. All I have to say is that I'm glad I got that epidural halfway through! Other than being long, labor was uncomplicated and I only had to push through 5 or 6 contractions in the end! They placed her right on my chest and didn't move her for over an hour...and we've been in love ever since!  Scott and I could not be happier!  We're so glad that our long awaited daughter is here!

3 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! I'm grinning because I work with two pregnant girls that think life will just carry on and they will accomplish everything 'when the baby is napping'. Being a mommy is a lot of work! But it's also an incredible gift, enjoy every moment with you beautiful little Emerson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 weeks old already!!! I can't believe it! I love that pic too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Keri. That picture brings back great memories for me. Just enjoy those moments, they truly are special!
    I've always told my expectant friends, if you accomplish one thing in a day then your doing great. Sometimes that one thing is having a shower or turning the dishwasher on. Perhaps blogging could be the one thing :)
    Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete