Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Check it off the list!

I recently accomplished something I've always wanted to do! I made the perfect chocolate chip cookies! I've had the recipe for a year now, and I've used it several times, but I'd never been able to get my cookies to look or feel just right.

Until now.

My cookie scoop broke, so I had to roll these cookies by hand. And that was the trick!


See the difference?  The cookie dough on the right is straight out of the scoop.  I use to just plop those on the tray and cook them.  But I found out that hand rolling the dough until it is smooth makes a much prettier, smoother cookie!

The recipe is adapted from the good old Tollhouse recipe. It just contains extra flour to make the cookies thick and soft.


This is the perfect time of year for making cookies, no?!



Yum!


This counts as breakfast, right?!
 
Perfectly Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
3 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 package chocolate chips
 
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
 
Cream together butter, sugars, and vanilla. Add eggs and beat until combined.  Gradually add dry ingredients.  Add chocolate chips!
 
Place hand rolled dough on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 8-12 minutes--until just beginning to brown.
 

2 comments:

  1. Finding the 'perfect' chocolate chip cookie recipe to suit our tastes can be a long endeavour! Looks like you've done it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try that! Finally remembered to check your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete