Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

More


When I last mentioned the nursery walls, I told you there was something in progress...
Auntie Krystle painted these for Emerson...and they bring such joy to my heart!


In my husband's family, each child is given an animal to go with their name.  Sometimes they rhyme, sometimes they begin with the same letter...Our little girl is Emerson Elephant.  And Scott and I knew that her nursery would need a tribute to the adorable animal.  Lucky for us, my best friend is an artist...so there was no question about who would be painting them!  And I shouldn't be surprised (I've been a fan of her artwork since kindergarten) but Krys hit the nail on the head with these paintings.  The colors and feeling of these paintings are exactly what we were hoping for!


The view from the glider is so lovely! 


And, lest you think the nursery is "finished," here's the other side of the room.  I have plans for a sweet collection of frames and artwork, including the "e" that is in front of the changing table.  This is also the wall for the little flag garland.  But despite my nesting instincts, this wall will be a work in progress for awhile.  It takes time to find the perfect shapes, sizes and colors to make an eclectic collection work.

Sweet baby girl, come soon!  There's so much we have to show you...

5 comments:

  1. Adorable paintings! Emerson Elephant is a great nickname! :) Hope she comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them against the pink walls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emerson, you can see how excited your Mommy & Daddy are to welcome you home! Your room is beautiful and waiting for you Hurry up, sweet baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you....your waiting game is almost over! I can't wait to see your new little bundle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!
    Waiting for the Birth announcement :)

    ReplyDelete