Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Snowday! Or...Snow Week!

School has been out for an entire week due to a winter storm.  I've been going crazy cooped up in the house with six weeks until baby comes and no way to really prepare!  To ward off cabin fever I've been sewing....a lot.  Thank goodness I've built up a stash of fabric and notions!


First off, I made a sweet little flag garland for the nursery.  I'm not sure where it will go, but it will be darling hanging somewhere.  And, by the way, that's the crib it's hanging from at the moment...I'll post a full picture of that once the nursery furniture is in place (we're painting the closet right now...)


Then, it was a little gift making.  One of my cousins is having a little boy--due two days after Emerson!  And since the baby shower is coming up, I had some work to do!  Little guy will have a few cute jungle bibs...


And a handmade elephant softie!


Of course, Emerson needed one as well.  I love that my cousin and I both picked elephants for the nursery...It won't be super theme-y in ours, but this cute animal will be making an appearance:-)


I also tried my hand at garment sewing.  Not too bad for a first try!  This cute crossover pinafore and matching diaper cover will be perfect for this summer when we visit Nana and Papa in the Eastern Washington sunshine! (I need to find the right buttons for the straps...right now they're just pinned in place to show off the look!)


And finally, my favorite.  This is a tiny little newborn size dress that I made for my baby girl.  Since she'll be born in the winter, I need a long sleeve onesie and some baby tights to keep her cozy.

So now, I'm off to take a shower before I return to the sewing room.  Who knows what project I'll find this time!  And stay tuned because tomorrow we're attempting to paint a beautiful pattern on the closet walls.  I can't wait to see how it turns out!

5 comments:

  1. I love it all! You should quit your day job and start sewing for a living ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an amazing eye! I think Krystle is on to something :) Emerson will be the best dressed baby girl out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Impressive! :D You have been WAY more productive than I have on my snow week! ;) I just did a lot of baking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so fun to follow your blog and see all the new ideas you come up with for baby girls room.


    PS Your mom and I feel it is time for a new baby bump pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOw! awesome cute dresses! I agree with Krystle!

    ReplyDelete