Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

21 Weeks

(Can you tell I'm totally uncomfortable posing for these pictures?  But it seems to be a right of passage when you have a pregnancy blog and your sisters/mother/grandmother live too far away to keep an eye on the bump.)

When you're counting the weeks of pregnancy, they seem to creep along slowly.  It took absolutely FOREVER to get to week twelve when the first trimester was over and we could breathe a little easier.  Then the trek to 18-20 weeks crawled along as we waited to have our ultrasound to see our little love bug and find out she was a girl!  I was hoping that at my 20 week appointment last week the doctor would change my due date since Emerson has continually measured a week bigger that my due date.  It would have been so nice to magically skip ahead a week--kind of like daylight savings in the spring only without the sleep loss!  But unfortunately for this pregnant mama, the doctor says if the measurements are within two weeks of your due date everything is good.

So here I am at 21 weeks trying to be patient!  It's not because I'm tired of being pregnant already...I'm just so excited to share the world with this little girl!  And in all seriousness, I will happily walk, shuffle, trudge, and even waddle through every single week of this pregnancy to do everything I can to give my child the best start in life.  I know it is such a gift to do so.

Plus, if my experience as a kindergarten teacher means anything, patience seems like a good virtue to have with a little one in your house.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing the pictures! Thank you! You are looking so pregnant! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, looks like you really grew from week 20 to 21...but maybe it is the shirt. :-) The pink looks great on you! Love the name Emerson...Do you like shortening names? Emmy..Emmers...So cute! Thanks for sharing the pics Bethany!

    ReplyDelete