Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

The First

Since morning sickness hit in early July, I have hardly touched my sewing machine.  I spent the summer sitting on the couch, eating the same awful pretzels and bananas, trying not to throw them up.  Then school started.  And although I was feeling better, my sewing room was suddenly packed to the gills with stuff from the junk guest room that will now be the nursery.  After a few hours of cleaning, purging, and organizing, the sewing/guest room was finally ready to be used!  I had a project to work on that I had promised to a friend...but last night that project was finished and the sewing room was calling me! 

Now, I've sewn things for babies.  And I've sewn things for little girls.  But I have never sewn anything for MY very own BABY GIRL.  Until now.

I used the free pattern here, which I've used before.  But I had to add a ruffle because....BABY GIRL!  It was so fun to turn some pink flannel and an old brown T-shirt from my stash into a cute little bib that Emerson can drool and spit up on!  And there's something special about spending time making something for someone that shows that you love them.  I'm sure my infant will be aware of the time I spent sewing her ruffles.  Ha.

What about you?  Do you sew?  Craft?  Cook?  What do you do when you need a creative outlet or a special gift to show you care?

No comments:

Post a Comment